In the past, Kion Kashefi worked as a crop consultant as well as a nutrient management specialist and dairy nutritionist in order to provide and maintain an comprehensive consulting approach for his clients. Today, while working as a Business Development Manager, Mr. Kashefi is going after fresh business opportunities.
- What was your best/favorite subject in school?
Biology and Math.
- What was your first job?
Worked in a pizza restaurant washing dishes.
- Where and how did you first get into the industry you currently work in?
I didn’t know where to start, so I picked up a phone book and found the company’s name I currently work for. I called in and told them a little about myself and what I was looking for. They asked me to come in for an interview, I have been here 9 years now.
- How have those jobs prepared you for what you do now?
In most of my previous jobs I learned how to work in team and to offer to help in other areas…this mindset has really helped me advance with the current employer I am with.
- Describe the best day of work you’ve ever had.
Don’t really have a specific day, everyday is a happy day.
- How do you keep yourself motivated?
I am afforded a lot of freedom in my job that has been built around trust. This freedom allows me to be aggressive and to venture into new opportunities that are good for my employer….hence that’s was keeps me motivated….freedom to create new opportunities.
- What kind of business ideas excite you most?
Discussions about entering into new markets and how to build customer relations in those new areas.
- Have you ever tried any unorthodox techniques to attract attention to your business?
Yes, using specialty products that are unusual, but effective in producing grower results to help build relationships.
- What personal achievement are you most proud of?
Being a humble, self-sustainable husband and father.
- What wisdom you would have liked to share with yourself when you first started out?
Be patient, things don’t come fast or easy…also enjoy life more while going through your life progression.